BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Bookings can be made securely online at www.vegsoccookeryschool.org. Online bookings are processed via WorldPay.
2. All bookings must be paid for in full by one of the listed credit or debit cards, by gift voucher or part card and voucher in advance of the course commencing. The only exception is our Professional Chefs Diploma course where companies may opt to be invoiced and pay within 28 days provided the course does not commencing before payment is received.
3. We reserve the right to refuse any bookings. Such rare refusals will be notified in writing or by email. No other correspondence will be entered into in such circumstances. All monies paid will be refunded in full unless payment was made using a gift voucher, in which case we will re-credit the original voucher provided the expiry date has not passed. We will not offer a cash refund for vouchers.
4. Bookings can only be accepted from people aged 18 or older. Where a course involves participation by people aged 16/17 years their places must be booked by an appropriate adult. Under 16s are welcome to book on courses designed specifically for children and young people.
5. We reserve the right to cancel any booking which has been taken in error or which would contravene any of our terms and conditions.
6. While we will endeavour to run all scheduled courses we reserve the right to cancel any course at any time. Confirmation of booking does not constitute a guarantee that the course you are booked on will run. Refunds for cancellations are outlined below.Cancellations and Refunds
7. You may cancel your booking up to 10 working days before your course commences by phoning 0161 925 2000 or confirming cancellation by letter or email. After this cut off point we cannot offer a refund or transfer if you cancel your booking.
8. Should we cancel a course under normal circumstances, you will be notified 7 working days before the course commences using the contact details you have given at the time of booking. Normal circumstances include, but are not limited to, courses that we have identified to be impractical to run due to low attendance numbers or that could only be run at a financial loss to the Society.
9. Should we cancel a course under exceptional circumstances, we will notify you as soon as reasonably possible. Exceptional circumstances include, but are not limited to, circumstances which are out of our control such as flooding, gas leaks, power failure, etc. or any factors explained in clause 9 that would make the course unworkable or financially unviable for the Society to run.
10. We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time in the event that the number of attendees on the course falls below the minimum required to make the course practical to run, where the course would not generate enough income to cover its running costs or where running the course would cause a financial loss to the Society.
11. In the event we are not able to get in contact with you regarding course cancellation it remains your responsibility to ensure you know if the course you are booked on is running or has been cancelled.
12. In the event we cancel a course any money paid to us for the booking by credit or debit card will be refunded back to the original card of payment. If the booking was made using a voucher, we will re-credit the balance of the voucher by the amount used to book the course, provided the expiry date has not passed. If the expiry date has passed re-crediting the original voucher will only be done at our discretion. We will not offer a cash refund for vouchers.
13. In the event of any course cancellation we will not refund any other costs you may have incurred in advance. We recommend all students take out cancellation (and travel, if appropriate) insurance with a local travel agents to cover their costs in the event of bereavement, work commitments or ill-health prevents attendance.
14. We reserve the right to refuse to process any refund or transfer which has been offered or given in error, without due authorization or which would contravene our terms and conditions.
Allergies, Dietary Requirements and General Health
15. Any food allergies or special dietary requirements must be declared at time of booking or as soon as possible before the day of the course. If you only declare an allergy or special dietary requirement on the day of the course and this poses a health risk or cannot be accommodated, your place may be cancelled. In the event of this happening no refund or transfer will be offered.
16. We reserve the right to refuse admission to our school to any student arriving on the day unfit to participate through alcohol, drugs and/or ill health. No refunds or transfers will be offer under these circumstances.
17. All food cooked during Vegetarian Society Cookery School courses will be suitable for vegetarians.Course Description and Content
18. We reserve the right to reasonably alter the schedule of a course or to change a course title without notice.
19. Due to student numbers, allergy or dietary requirements, seasonal availability of ingredients or other factors outside of our control, some recipes mentioned in our course descriptions may not be made on the day.
20. We reserve the right to allocate any of our freelance or employed tutors the teaching role of any of our courses at any time. Where a specific tutor has been promoted as teaching the course in any of our promotional material or on our website and cannot subsequently tutor on the day, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible.
21. It remains the responsibility of the person booked on a course to ensure that any contact details we have are correct for the purposes of us sending correspondence relating to the booking.
22. It is the responsibility of the person attending to ensure they can get to the course venue on time and/or on the day. No refunds or transfers will be offered for late arrivals or no-shows.
23. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice. In the event of dispute, the Vegetarian Society Cookery School's decision will be final. Booking on a course constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.